Ai Squared App Central - Skype Enhance 1.0.9 by Ai Squared
Skype Enhance 1.0.9
by Ai Squared
Skype Enhance adds additional accessibility to the Skype desktop client for Windows. Some enhancements include:
- Use the hot keys F1 through F10 to hear the most recent to tenth most recent message spoken (if available), and F11 to hear the entire conversation history.
- Use F12 to jump between the typing area and list of messages in an active conversation.
- Incoming and outgoing chat messages are automatically spoken.
- Speaks when contacts go online or offline
- keeps keyboard focus from falling into the advertisement frames embedded in Skype conversation windows
- Speaks the list of emoticons as you Arrow through them
- Improves how link elements are read when traversed with the Tab key
- Improves speech in the options dialog accessed from Skype's Tools menu
- Announces when the option to edit mood text has been reached when inside the edit profile window
- Provides access to the menu to change whether messages you send come from Skype or SMS
- Provides an accessible interface to Skype voicemails via the hot key Alt-Shift-V.
For best performance, configure Skype as follows:
1. In the View menu, press the Down Arrow until you locate either "Compact View" or "Default View." If you find "Compact View," press Enter to activate it. If you locate "Default View," then press Escape two times to exit the menu system as compact view is already active.
2. Open Tools -> Options, and make the following adjustments:
- In "General Settings," ensure that "When I make a double-click on a contact, place a call" is unchecked.
- In "Accessibility Settings," verify that "Accessible Mode" is checked. Note, as you Arrow through the option categories, Skype sometimes moves your keyboard focus off of the main tree. To reach the accessibility category, press End and Tab to make the needed changes.3
. The first time Skype Enhance is run, Skype will ask you whether you want to allow Wecom.exe to access Skype information. Tab to the "Allow Access" button, and press Enter to activate it.
Note the above changes need only be made once. Skype will retain your preferences.
Supported Languages: English, Croatian, German, Korean, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Czech
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 220.127.116.11
5/29/2015 10:56:27 AM
- Improves the reliability of message reading in Skype 7.5
Read more about Skype Enhance
- Filename: Skype_Enhance.wepm
- Date: 5/11/2016 2:30:04 PM
- Size: 232.3KB
- Total Downloads: 49014
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
There are no comments for Skype Enhance.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST