Ai Squared App Central - Paste Special Character 1.5 by Jamal Mazrui
Paste Special Character 1.5
by Jamal Mazrui
When the focused control supports editable text, press Insert-F2 to paste a character into it.
A dialog lets you specify the character either by picking from a list box or typing in an edit box.
The list box contains 255 character names, --
essentially the ANSI sequence before higher Unicode numbers.
The code number of each character is the same as its item number in the list box.
If you enter a code number in the edit box, it will be used instead of a list item.
If only digits are entered, a decimal number is assumed.
use the letter u as a prefix to indicate a Unicode number in hex.
For example, the copyright symbol may be pasted by entering
either 169 or ua9 as the code number.
The character specified through the dialog is then placed on the clipboard, pasted, and spoken.
Previous text on the clipboard is restored.
If the Jump to Item script is also loaded, you can quickly go to a character name ,
based on text it contains.
If the Toggle Punctuation script is also loaded, its all punctuation setting
is helpful for hearing non-alphanumeric characters when reading.
This global script requires GW Toolkit.Download Now
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
- Filename: PasteSpecialCharacter.wepm
- Date: 11/13/2008 2:57:34 PM
- Size: 11.2KB
- Total Downloads: 3434
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
On 10/11/2008, Push
The reason for my 3/5 rating is that sometimes when pasting I get a silent crash and need to ctrl backslash to WE, unload it, and relaunch. The script is great but I'd like to see some options.
1. The ability to have the edit field for the code open without the list. With the field empty by default so I can just type in the character code I want quickly without deleting what's already there.
2. An option for it to put the character on the clipboard and not restore the clipboard contents; this would allow for repeat pasting of the same char easier than keeping it highlighted in the listbox each time. I also think the restore clipboard contents might be causing the crashes.
3. A mode to have unicode the default so I can avoid =typing the u each time.
Sorry for so many comments. I love this script and will continue to use it and I mean these comments to be constructive. smile
Keep up the great work!
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST