The Custom Add/Remove script lists all installed applications, much like the default Add/Remove programs control panel. The advantage of listing these applications in a custom list box is easy navigation: you can type the first letter (or an entire name) to select an item. In addition, the script gives access to useful information about your installed programs, including their publisher, program path, help and update URL, and location of a ReadMe file if present.
Note: The Add/Remove script requires the GW Micro Toolkit.
Thanks to GW Micro for the original code and concept for this script.Download Now
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 3/31/2008
Last Update: 2/16/2010
2/16/2010 12:06:23 AM
Changed the way programs uninstallers are launched. This should fix virtually all remaining issues with errors when trying to install.
Fixed the orientation of radio buttons for visual appearance (thanks, Aaron)
1/9/2010 4:10:24 PM
Fixed another problem preventing some programs from being uninstalled
1/9/2010 12:31:42 PM
Fixed a problem preventing some programs from being uninstalled.
Fixed an error in the date parsing logic reported by error reporting.
1/9/2010 12:25:19 AM
The display of programs is now a listview. This means that other information such as version, install date, and path
will be displayed when available.
A new details button will let you see even more details about a program including its publisher, the uninstall path,
and help information. If a program includes links to a help file, readme, or update page, you can access all of
these from this window.
The export function now saves more information about each program. Also, the file is now better formatted. Two plus
signs proceed each entry.
Key describer is now honored for the program hotkey.
A help button has been added to the dialog, showing the help and options box.
The export filename box now gains focus when the button is pressed.
The export file feature will now warn before overriding a file.
Fixed error when pressing escape from the export box without entering a filename.
Removed GW Micro certificate as it is no longer relevant.
Multiple instances of the dialog will no longer be created. The hotkey will either create the window or move focus
1/8/2010 3:20:50 PM
Fixed launching of some programs which didn't work.
Programs with blank uninstall paths are no longer in the list. This is consistent with the Windows dialog.
More output is now sent to error reporting to solve problems
1/8/2010 10:16:38 AM
- Programs with relative paths, such as those using the MSIinstaller, should now uninstall instead of giving an error.
- The "Show Updates" checkbox is replaced with a radio button so you cannow show programs, all, or just updates. Focus now remains on this group when it is changed, because of the change in behavior.
- Removed the "c" shortcut from the close button as it isn't necessary since escape does that.
- Updated copyright and help info. This script is now being maintained by J.J. Meddaugh.
11/24/2008 1:30:26 PM
- Modified the default hotkey
11/24/2008 1:31:50 PM
11/21/2008 2:57:01 PM
- Updated for use with new toolkit namespace.
- Added toolkit error reporting.
- Updated XML language. This script also contains a Polish localization.
11/21/2008 3:28:14 PM
- The script now cleans up any old INI information when it runs
- The script now uses the SharedObjects.OnStateChange event to modify the Help and Options functionality if the toolkit object disappears
- The script is now a digitally signed GW Micro script.
- Filename: addremove.wepm
- Date: 2/16/2010 12:06:24 AM
- Size: 8KB
- Total Downloads: 15482
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.