Download Window-Eyes 9.4 to get the best screen reader experience available
Window-Eyes 9.4 includes numerous stability and performance enhancements for the web, Microsoft Office, JAVA, upcoming Windows 10 releases, and more!
Ai Squared has been hard at work to improve the responsiveness of Microsoft Outlook, improve the overall user experience in Microsoft Office, ensuring JAVA now works in Windows 10, and fixing various issues reported by our valuable customers.
For a complete list of Window-Eyes 9.4 new features, improvements and changes, please refer to the Window-Eyes 9.4 Read Me.
Download your upgrade
If you have purchased a Window-Eyes 9.2 or higher upgrade or have an active Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), you can download the upgrade for free at http://www.gwmicro.com/upgrade or activate the Check for Updates option in the Help menu.
If you don't currently own Window-Eyes, you can get it for free! For anyone who has a valid license of Microsoft Office 2010 or higher, Window-Eyes can be downloaded for free at www.WindowEyesForOffice.com. If you don't have Office 2010 or newer installed on your PC, you can obtain a free 60-day evaluation of Window-Eyes here: http://www.gwmicro.com/Window-Eyes/Demo/. If you haven't tried Window-Eyes in a while, give Window-Eyes 9.3 a try for free today!
If you already own Window-Eyes 9.2, you will be able to download Window-Eyes 9.3 absolutely free! It will not count against your SMA. Window-Eyes 9.3 will be available for you to download, but SMA customers will not receive an installation DVD. You may order a DVD by contacting Ai Squared.
Order your upgrade or SMA today!
Call us today at (802) 362-3612 or email us at email@example.com to place your order.
Non-English versions are released after the English version, so please check with your local dealer for availability in your language. For those outside of the U.S., contact your local dealer.
Keep reading to learn more about the features and enhancements in Window-Eyes 9.3:
Extract Text from Files, Images and the Screen Quickly and Easily
- Recognize text in inaccessible scanned PDF files.
- Recognize text from images in .bmp, .jpg, .png, and .tiff formats.
- Choose from several different file types to recognize, including .txt, .html, .xml, and .zip.
- If Office is installed, you can also OCR documents ending in .docx, .pptx, and .xlsx.
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files can be recognized, including text found in WordArt to ensure readability.
All-New Read to End
- Read-to-end has been completely rewritten to provide the most responsive and accurate reading experience.
- When read-to-end is stopped, it will start again from the word that was last spoken to help save time and increase efficiency.
- If a Braille display is connected, Braille output will remain in sync with speech as documents are read aloud.
- Hot keys used to increase or decrease speech are much more responsive, enabling users to more easily read documents in the manner they prefer.
- Improved reading of all spell check dialogs in Office 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Responsiveness of the Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 inbox under Windows 10 has been improved to make reading email faster.
- Outlook's conversation view in 2010, 2013, and 2016 is now supported so that users can group messages with the same subject enabling reading of all messages within a thread quickly and easily.
- If Window-Eyes was restarted while Outlook was open, message virtualization would stop functioning until Outlook was restarted. This issue has been fixed.
- When a PowerPoint slideshow started, and Window-Eyes was set to automatically read the entire document, only the content of the first slide would be spoken. This has been fixed.
- If the version of Window-Eyes for users of Microsoft Office was in use, and the Office 365 sign-in window was closed without first entering any text, Window-Eyes would crash. This has been resolved.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.
- The physical mouse now reads UIA and IA2 programs, which improves the reading experience in programs such as web browsers and modern Windows apps.
- A hot key to continue a mouse search in reverse has been added.
- Window-Eyes can now read an entire line or only a word under the pointer as the physical mouse moves across the screen.
- The mouse can now be set to read instant, hover, or no echo when moving the mouse around the screen. If the user sets it to hover, the amount of time can be adjusted before the information under the mouse is spoken. This allows low vision users better control over what they hear when the mouse moves around the screen.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.
- Responsiveness in the Windows 10 File Explorer has been improved.
- Quickly check the status of wireless network connections with a single hot key.
- Responsiveness for Eloquence, eSpeak, RealSpeak, Vocalizer, and Vocalizer Expressive synthesizers has been significantly improved.
- The WE cursor (which allows you to explore the screen without moving the mouse pointer) has been renamed to the invisible cursor to better reflect its functionality.
- The QuickStart Wizard has been replaced with a new app called Setup Wizard providing a new visual interface and more options to help users get started using Window-Eyes.
- The app update notification options that are displayed when updates are available have been expanded to include a tone, dialog box, tooltip, or any combination of the three. This enables users to select how they want to be notified of app updates.
- Support has been added for the Handy Tech Active Star, Handy Tech Modular, and BAUM VarioUltra displays.
- Numerous stability fixes and performance enhancements have been added.