Window-Eyes 9.0 is now released. The changes from the Window-Eyes 9.0 Beta 3 and the final version are as follows:
-- Browse Mode
* If you attempt to copy something to the clipboard via the F8 selection command, but nothing is copied, Window-Eyes would always say "copied to clipboard." Now it will alert you if the operation failes.
* The option to speak list bullets (in Verbosity -> Browse Mode -> Lists) was not being honored while Browse Mode was active. This issue has been corrected. Note that if a list is numbered, Window-Eyes will speak the numbers regardless of the "speak bullets" setting.
* A problem where Arrowing through lines with embedded empty anchor tags could cause navigation inconsistency has been fixed.
* A case where pressing Tab after activating a same-page link could take focus to the address bar rather than the next element in the browser tab order has been fixed.
* The ARIA tab role is now supported.
* The "Place Markers" radio button has been removed from the Page Navigation dialog, and the remaining items have been alphabetized.
* A problem where Window-Eyes would speak a graphic's filename when its alternative text was an empty string has been fixed.
* Firefox performance has been improved, especially when loading very large web pages.
* If a list item was encountered which spanned multiple lines, the first character of lines 2 and up would not display in Browse Mode. This has been fixed.
* A problem where F8 would not copy the end-most character of the selection has been fixed.
* A problem where F8 selection would not copy links has been fixed.
* A problem where Window-Eyes could crash when encountering an ARIA multi-line edit box has been fixed.
* A case where navigating backwards with Browse Mode quick navigation commands could skip over form elements has been fixed.
-- Internet Explorer
* If Internet Explorer was already running when Window-Eyes was loaded, Browse Mode would not always work correctly. This problem has been resolved.
* An issue where Window-Eyes failed to recognize unusually marked up edit boxes in Internet Explorer has been fixed.
-- Microsoft Office
* An issue where selected text would not appear in Braille when using Word 2013 has been corrected.
* A case where Read-To-End would stop unexpectedly has been fixed.
* The Window-Eyes manual and tip of the day entries have been updated.
* A hooking error which could occur in Windows 8 has been corrected.
* If Window-Eyes mobile was run on a computer with another copy of Window-Eyes already installed, the mobile version would fail to run. This issue has been fixed.
-- IE Enhance
* A problem where IE Enhance could stop reading the notification bar has been fixed.
-- Insert Key Layout
* Control-Alt-Up, Down, Left, and Right Arrow keys have been added to allow for table navigation while in Browse Mode.
* The commands to navigate by radio button have been changed to A and Shift-A.
* R and Shift-R have been added to move by ARIA landmarks or HTML 5 regions.
* The custom Browse Mode keys which previously worked only for Internet Explorer now work in all places where the new Browse Mode system exists.
* When using the new Browse Mode system and Browse Mode is off, the command to activate the focus cursor (Numpad-Plus by default) will re-enable Browse Mode.
* Other miscellaneous issues have been corrected.
* A potential deadlock which could occur when simulating key presses through scripting has been fixed.
* Simulating Browse Mode hot keys via ExecuteHotkey in the new Browse Mode system did not work. This problem has been fixed.