Ai Squared is proud to offer hands-on, in-depth, instructional courses on the use, design and development of Window-Eyes apps. If you are new to Window-Eyes apps or a seasoned application scripting veteran (regardless of screen reader), if you are interested in providing fee-based screen reader customization services, or want to distribute your work in an open forum, then Window-Eyes App Development Training classes are for you.
Ai Squared is also pleased to host Chip Orange's comprehensive and informative Interactive Window-Eyes Scripting Class Archive. This resource is available for anyone who is interested in learning more about Window-Eyes scripting through a series of pre-recorded lectures with corresponding scripting examples.
The capabilities of Window-Eyes apps are only limited by your imagination. We will provide you with the tools and skills needed to harness the power and flexibility of Window-Eyes apps. You will learn the ins and outs of the most advanced scripting paradigm available in any screen reader on the market today. Investing in your knowledge of Window-Eyes apps and Window-Eyes App development is a great way to enhance your existing skill-set, allowing you to thrive in the adaptive technology industry.
Window-Eyes App Development Training classes are available in two different formats: Introductory and Advanced. The Introductory class gives anyone interested in screen readers and computer accessibility the opportunity to come and learn how to use, configure and develop simple yet powerful Window-Eyes Apps. A large focus is placed on the user's perspective of Window-Eyes apps which includes instruction on how to find, download, configure and use Window-Eyes apps. In addition, the Introductory class also exposes attendees to many of the important technical concepts related to developing Window-Eyes apps including accessibility standards, testing applications for accessibility, Windows scripting technologies and object oriented programming. Before taking this class, students must already have a good working knowledge of Window-Eyes. It is highly recommended that you have taken a Window-Eyes training class within 12 months prior to taking the Introductory course to ensure your Window-Eyes skillset is up-to-date. The Advanced class requires students to have prior programming knowledge or to have taken the Introductory Window-Eyes App Development Training class. The Advanced course places a larger emphasis on the developer's perspective and covers additional programming and technical concepts that are required to write more complex Window-Eyes Apps.
Window-Eyes App Development Training Class Policies
- There are policies specific to the Introductory class and the Advanced class that will be listed below. Please refer to those sections for that information.
- Ai Squared offers training classes in Fort Wayne, IN as well as other locations around the U.S. (48 contiguous states) and Canada (some areas not covered - please call).
- The Introductory class is a three-day training program.
- The Advanced training offered is a two-day training program.
- A trainee must take all days of training, regardless if it is the Introductory or the Advanced class.
- Ai Squared trainers will conduct the training.
- Class size is a minimum of four attendees in the Introductory class and five attendees in the Advanced class. Both classes will have a maximum of ten. Class registration will be closed 10 days prior to the start of the class.
- The training fee must be paid at the time of registration with a check, credit card or purchase order.
- The training fee for the Introductory class is $895 per person.
- The training fee for the Advanced class is $650 per person.
- Persons registering after the ten day cut-off time will be charged an additional $50.00 per day of training.
- Computers will be provided. You may NOT bring your own computer to use for the training. However, if you want to bring your own computer to simply take notes, that is acceptable.
- Class hours are from 9:00 A.M. until 4:00 P.M. with an hour for lunch on your own and a morning and afternoon break. Actual training time will be six hours.
- The trainee will receive a certificate of completion.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of training will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations between 15 and 30 days prior to the start of training will receive a 75% refund.
- Registrants canceling less than 15 business days prior to the start date of the training will receive no refund.
- Ai Squared reserves the right to cancel any training prior to the start date of the training by providing written notification.
- In the event of course cancellation, Ai Squared will not be held liable for fees or penalties incurred due to changes in transportation, or other reservations made prior to the scheduled class.
Additional Introductory Window-Eyes App Development Training Class Policies
- Students must have a good working knowledge of Window-Eyes to take the Introductory class.
- You do not need prior programming experience for the Introductory course, although it may be helpful.
- It is strongly recommended that you have taken a Window-Eyes training class within 12 months prior to taking the Introductory class.
Additional Advanced Window-Eyes App Development Training Class Policies
- Students must have prior programming experience to take the Advanced class, or students must have previously taken the Introductory class.
- After you register, Ai Squared will contact you regarding your Window-Eyes background and programming experience to ensure the best training experience. If you do not have the required programming experience, you should first register for the Introductory course.
All policies and prices for Ai Squared training classes are subject to change without prior notice.
Introductory Window-Eyes App Development Training Class Outline
Note: The amount of information covered will vary depending on the skill level of the class. It is possible that not all items will be covered in every class due to time constraints. The entire curriculum will be delivered on CD to each student at the completion of the course.
- What is a Window-Eyes app?
- Window-Eyes apps versus set Files
- The Scope of Window-Eyes apps: Global or Application Specific
- Managing Window-Eyes apps
- Factory Installed Window-Eyes apps
- App Central: The Home of Window-Eyes apps
- Enhancing Application Accessibility with Window-Eyes apps
- Developing Your First Window-Eyes app
- Windows Application Scripting Technologies
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- VBScript Primer
- The Window-Eyes Object Model
- Window-Eyes App Developer Reference
- Enhancing Your First Window-Eyes app
- WEApp Framework: Template Wizard and Object Browser
- Other Window-Eyes apps for Developers: Immed, WEEvent, TreeView
- Creating Custom User Interfaces
- Final WE App Writing Exercise: Real World Example
Advanced Window-Eyes App Development Training Class Outline
Note: The amount of information covered will vary depending on the skill level of the class. It is possible that not all items will be covered in every class due to time constraints.
- What is an App?
- Global and Application specific apps
- Managing Window-Eyes apps
- App Status
- Add or Remove Apps
- App Manager
- App Central - http://www.gwmicro.com/appcentral
- Interacting with Apps
- Factory installed Apps
- Basics of Scripting environment
- Basics of Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Very, Very Basics of VBScript
- Creating Your First App
- Packaging Apps for distribution
- How it really works
- App Developer Reference
- Apps that help with App Development
- External Apps
- Localization Issues
- Designing Custom User Interfaces
- Discuss and demonstrate common objects
- Braille objects
- Create App using WEApp Framework Wizard
- Open lab - create specific App
- Closing remarks/comments/questions
For specific questions regarding Window-Eyes App Development Training Classes, please send an email to: .