GWKB2065 : Reading Selected Text in EudoraProduct: Window-Eyes
Author: Chris Grabowski
Date Added: 07/31/2015
Last Modified: 07/31/2015
Window-eyes 9.2 no longer announces selected text in the Eudora email client. When composing an email message and you wish to select text using the Windows standard method of selecting; Shift up, down, left and right arrow keys, Window-eyes no longer announces the fact you have selected text. Use the below steps to rectify the situation:
- From within the Window-eyes control panel navigate to hot keys/miscellaneous define “Set Highlight Color” key to a hot key of your choice. Once you locate the “Set highlight color key” Tab to the capture key button and press space. Press the hot key you wish to assign. For example, Shift-Alt-H.
- Open a new message in Eudora.
- Press Tab until you get to the message body, type a line of text, for example "this is a test."
- Using your arrow keys move your cursor somewhere in the line.
- Press Insert-Numpad Plus to route the mouse to the line.
- Press Home to move to the beginning of the line.
- Press Shift-End to select the line. Note: nothing is announced.
- Press the hot key you defined in the first step. A message is announced telling you the highlight color was set.
- Open up the Window-Eyes control panel and save the settings.