GWKB2053 : Window-Eyes Offer for Users of Microsoft Office Runs as a DemoProduct: Window-Eyes
Author: Steve Clower
Date Added: 01/15/2014
Last Modified: 05/23/2014
Symptom: Window-Eyes Offer for users of Microsoft Office is installed, a copy of Office 2010, 2013, or the Office 365 client is installed and activated, but Window-Eyes runs as a demonstration version.There are a couple of different reasons why this may happen.
Cause: If the user selected DECTalk Access 32, Eloquence, Vocalizer, or Vocalizer Expressive as the default speech synthesizer when installing the product, Window-Eyes will run in demonstration mode since these voices must be bought separately.
Solution: Use ESpeak, the Microsoft Speech Platform, SAPI, or an available hardware synthesizer and restart Window-Eyes to allow it to operate normally.
You can configure Window-Eyes to use another speech synthesizer by completing the following steps:
- Open the Window-Eyes Control Panel with Control-Backslash.
- In the Settings tree view, press D as in Delta to select the Devices node.
- Press Right Arrow to expand Devices.
- Press Down Arrow to select Synthesizers.
- Press F6 to navigate to the Synthesizers list view.
- Select eSpeak, Microsoft Speech Platform, SAPI or an available hardware synthesizer using your Up/Down Arrow keys or first letter navigation.
- Press Tab to navigate to the Voices list view and use the Up and Down arrow keys to select your preferred voice.
- Press Tab until you reach the Activate button and press Enter.
- In the synthesizers settings dialog that is presented, Tab to the Keep Changes button and press Enter. If you do not complete this step within 15 seconds, the synthesizer settings will revert back to the previously selected synthesizer.
Or, purchase your desired synthesizer online at https://www.gwmicro.com/Catalog/Speech_Synthesizers/ or by phone at +1 (260) 489-3671. Check out the Getting Additional Voices tutorial for a detailed explanation and demonstration of purchasing, downloading and installing Window-Eyes speech synthesizers.
Cause: Window-Eyes may also be running in demonstration mode because the Office Software Protection Platform service may not be running.
Solution: You can start the Office Software Protection Platform service manually, or you can use the Window-Eyes diagnostic app to perform modifications to the service so that it starts each time your machine starts.
- Open the Window-Eyes control panel with Control-Backslash.
- Press Alt-A for Apps.
- Press W until you reach Window-Eyes Diagnostics.
- Press Enter.
- Press M to select Microsoft Office.
- Press P to select Perform Microsoft License Service Modifications.
- Answer 'Yes' to the proceeding prompt.
- Open the Run dialog with Windows-R
- Type in services.msc, and press Enter
- Press Tab to focus the list of services
- Press O until you select the Office Software Protection Platform service
- Press Shift-F10 (or the context menu key) to bring up the context menu
- Press R for Properties
- Press Alt-S to start the service if it's not yet running
- Press Alt-E to select the Automatic startup type
- Select the OK button.