GWKB2052 : Updating the Window-Eyes Startup and Shutdown SoundsProduct: Window-Eyes
Author: Chris Grabowski
Date Added: 01/15/2014
Last Modified: 01/15/2014
In the Windows Sounds control panel, where all of your
system sounds are defined, you can set the sounds for Window-Eyes Startup and
Window-Eyes Shutdown. The default wav files are located in the Window-Eyes program files
directory (by default, c:\Program Files\GW Micro\Window-Eyes for 32-bit systems, and c:\Program Files (x86)\GW Micro\Window-Eyes for 64-bit systems).
To change the sounds, do the following:
- Press the Windows key to bring up the Windows 7 Start Menu or Windows 8 Start Screen.
- Type "change system sounds"
- Locate "change system sounds" from the results list and press enter
- Tab to the Program Events tree view
- Locate Window-eyes
- Select the shutdown or startup item
- Tab to the browse button, and press enter
- Navigate to the sound you wish to assign, for example C:\Program Files (x86)\GW Micro\Window-Eyes\we_startup.wav, and press enter
You may choose the Test button to verify the sound, or choose OK to close the dialog.