GWKB1054 : Adding New Appointments to Non-Default Outlook CalendarProduct: Window-Eyes
Author: Aaron Smith
Date Added: 12/07/2006
Last Modified: 12/07/2006
Did you know that adding appointments to calendars other than the default in Outlook can be accomplished with a few simple keystrokes? Appointments added via the Window-Eyes Outlook Calendar dialog are stored in the default Outlook calendar. You may, however, choose to move an appointment to any other calendar available in Outlook. To move a new appointment to a calendar other than the default (such as one connected to an Exchange server), do the following:
- In the Window-Eyes Outlook Calendar dialog (INS-C by default when Outlook is running), press ALT-N to bring up the New Appointment dialog.
- Enter all the necessary appointment information, such as subject, location, start and end times, etc.
- Press CTRL-S (or select the Save option in the appointment file menu) to save the Appointment. Do not close this appointment dialog. After pressing CTRL-S, the appointment will be saved to the default Calendar.
- To move the appointment to a different calendar, with the appointment dialog still open, press CTRL-SHIFT-V (or select the Move to Folder option in the appointment file menu) to open the Move Item to dialog.
- Arrow up or down to select the alternative calendar where you want to store the new appointment.
- Press ENTER. Your new appointment will now be stored in the calendar that you selected, and the appointment dialog will close.