Ai Squared App Central - Remind_Me_Where 1.3.3 by Chip Orange
by Chip Orange
Provides access to Google Places and directions (walking, driving, or using the transit system!), allowing you to make use of your current location or to specify locations from your database of points, or a street address, or a GPS receiver, or an IP address. The directions for use of public transit are frankly amazing (provided your city places their transit info on Google).
Allows you to search for Google places by name, by type, by general location, (starting from your current position or one you enter), and to then see their Google or business web page, as well as their address and location.
You can also add a new Google Place, which can then be seen by others.
This app requires the GW toolkit app, and the GPS app (which it will install for you if necessary). It has additional capabilities if you have a GPS receiver attached.
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 18.104.22.168
Release Date: 3/11/2016
Last Update: 3/11/2016
3/11/2016 12:18:38 PM
- Fixed Get Directions dialog and Get Location dialog for a better visual appearance.
- No longer shows permanently closed locations (which Google began including in list of returned searches at approx end of 2015).
- Minor updates to documentation.
10/7/2015 2:12:16 PM
- Improved the visual display for Get Directions and Get Location dialogs.
9/27/2015 5:47:47 PM
- Added ability to specify location with a "What 3 Words" string in the dialog used to specify a starting location and in the Get Directions dialogs.Also provided option to see the What 3 Words location for any search result or directions location.
- Fixed the "Get Location" dialog so that it warns with a dialog message (rather than an error) when the GPS location specified is invalid.
- Fixed a problem in the Get Directions dialog when trying to specify a location as a set of GPS coordinates.
7/7/2015 8:30:00 AM
- Added time marking "beeps" to indicate waiting for Google search results to be returned.
- Fixed an issue with the keyboard description function for the speak GPS info hotkey.
- Better handling of the sudden shutdown of the GPS app (such as when updating).
- Fixed an issue with the options dialog and setting the "Prefer use of IP" menu setting not being saved.
- Fixed an issue with the options dialog when changing from using to not using the GPS app.
- Fixed an issue with the default size of the near-by search results dialog.
- Fixed issue with incorrect version number in .wepm package.
6/10/2015 11:17:10 AM
- Added a hotkey to speak your current location (for mobile users, control-alt-f11). Also recently added a hotkey to speak info about the current GPS fix (control-alt-f12).
- Added options to the Get Directions dialog for the Transit submenu: "Transit Mode Preferences" allows the specification of types of public transit to be used (bus, subway, etc.)
"Transit Routing Preferences" allows specifying of preferences for "less walking" and "fewer transfers" to trade off against the best possible route.
- Fixed an issue where RMW was causing the GPS app to search for a GPS receiver, even when "Use the GPS App for Default Location" was not enabled in the options dialog menu.
6/2/2015 5:46:42 PM
- Fixed an issue where RMW would experience an error when trying to inform the user that the GPS app wasn't installed, and would have automatically installed it; instead, it had an error before it could notify the user.
- ' Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause getting a location from IP not to work properly; this in turn would return an invalid country code if no default address had been entered, or if IP had
- ' been set as preferred. This in turn could cause an error when getting directions. ' Fixed an issue so that now getting your default location occurs immediately after you make any change to the info in the options dialog, and the info is saved.
- ' Fixed an issue with the speak GPS status info hotkey.
6/2/2015 8:34:45 AM
- Fixed problem which would always cause a failure when starting the app (caused by including an incorrect file in the .wepm package).
- Added a GPS status info hotkey.
- Fixed a problem when an update to RMW comes with an update to the GPS app, and the GPS app update needs to be installed automatically.
5/30/2015 8:34:45 PM
- Fixed an issue when getting directions where incorrect info was being shown when changing between the "from" and "to" tabs.
- Fixed an issue when getting directions which would sometimes enable options buttons at an incorrect time (without sufficient information specified).
- Fixed an issue when viewing directions results which would sometimes cause an error when selecting the "end" radio button for a step.
- Improved accuracy of location determined from IP address.
- Fixed an issue with getting location via IP so that it doesn't continue to issue an error message if there is a problem.
- Modified display of documentation so that the default browser is used.
- Modified display of HTML instructions so that when "sub-steps" are available, they are enumerated by switching to letters (as with outline format) instead of continuing with the numbering sequence.
- Added hotkey to report GPS status info.
- Updated documentation.
5/21/2015 3:19:14 PM
- Fixed error reporting mechanism; before, emailed error reports did not make it back to the author (neither did any emails sent from the "send an email to the author choice).
- Fixed an issue which would cause an error on some pcs when Remind Me Where was first started.
5/16/2015 8:10:57 PM
- Fixed issue with Get Location dialog.
- Added menu item for "Exit" to the "Get Directions" dialog (which closes both it and the directions results dialog).
- Updated documentation.
5/14/2015 7:09:21 AM
- Fixed issues with searching Google places by category
- Fixed issues with edit POI list filter by category
- Updated documentation (added section for search dialog)
5/11/2015 1:24:02 PM
- Fixed issues with filtering by category when viewing list of POIs.
- Fixed issue with listview control size when viewing list of POIs; this would usually speak properly, but not appear properly visually.
- Fixed issue when showing HTML documentation; it sometimes would not shift focus away from the current window when activating the new browser window.
- Change display of directions (when HTML) so that each time directions are displayed, a unique file name is generated (allowing multiple copies to be opened concurrently).
- Added a menu choice when viewing the directions results (File | Exit Directions), so that both directions dialogs will be closed at once.
- Moved the option for displaying HTML directions from a command button to a menu item (under The File menu) of the Directions Results dialog.
- Fixed dialog for radar search results to display the direction being shown as the caption of the listview.
- Clarified and improved documentation.
- Filename: Remind_Me_Where.wepm
- Date: 3/11/2016 12:18:40 PM
- Size: 2734.6KB
- Total Downloads: 5899
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
This is absolutely the best, most useful, and best documented app I've ever used! I am truly glad that I own Window-Eyes when I see something like this being produced for free!It helps me be more independent, and I really feel a part of my city now. I feel like I can go anywhere with confidence.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST