Ai Squared App Central - Skype Enhance 1.0.9 by Ai Squared
Skype Enhance 1.0.9
by Ai Squared
Skype Enhance adds additional accessibility to the Skype desktop client for Windows. Some enhancements include:
- Use the hot keys F1 through F10 to hear the most recent to tenth most recent message spoken (if available), and F11 to hear the entire conversation history.
- Use F12 to jump between the typing area and list of messages in an active conversation.
- Incoming and outgoing chat messages are automatically spoken.
- Speaks when contacts go online or offline
- keeps keyboard focus from falling into the advertisement frames embedded in Skype conversation windows
- Speaks the list of emoticons as you Arrow through them
- Improves how link elements are read when traversed with the Tab key
- Improves speech in the options dialog accessed from Skype's Tools menu
- Announces when the option to edit mood text has been reached when inside the edit profile window
- Provides access to the menu to change whether messages you send come from Skype or SMS
- Provides an accessible interface to Skype voicemails via the hot key Alt-Shift-V.
For best performance, configure Skype as follows:
1. In the View menu, press the Down Arrow until you locate either "Compact View" or "Default View." If you find "Compact View," press Enter to activate it. If you locate "Default View," then press Escape two times to exit the menu system as compact view is already active.
2. Open Tools -> Options, and make the following adjustments:
- In "General Settings," ensure that "When I make a double-click on a contact, place a call" is unchecked.
- In "Accessibility Settings," verify that "Accessible Mode" is checked. Note, as you Arrow through the option categories, Skype sometimes moves your keyboard focus off of the main tree. To reach the accessibility category, press End and Tab to make the needed changes.3
. The first time Skype Enhance is run, Skype will ask you whether you want to allow Wecom.exe to access Skype information. Tab to the "Allow Access" button, and press Enter to activate it.
Note the above changes need only be made once. Skype will retain your preferences.
Supported Languages: English, Croatian, German, Korean, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Czech
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 18.104.22.168
Release Date: 5/11/2016
Last Update: 5/11/2016
5/29/2015 10:56:27 AM
- Improves the reliability of message reading in Skype 7.5
5/18/2015 11:28:54 AM
3/5/2015 9:24:42 AM
Bug fixes from submitted error reports.
2/13/2015 2:12:30 PM
1/13/2015 9:33:59 AM
- Bug fixes
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
9/4/2014 4:10:49 PM
8/25/2014 9:09:17 AM
- The app now registers chat-related hot keys only when a chat window has direct focus.
- If you attempted to access the custom voicemail dialog without granting Window-Eyes access to the Skype API, Skype Enhance would display a connection refused error. A message which explains this condition has been added.
- Corrected a problem where installing the previous update would still cause Window-Eyes to think there was a newer version available for download.
8/22/2014 3:55:04 PM
- The options to speak incoming and outgoing messages,, contact status changes, and call-related events have been split off into individual choices which can be enabled and disabled from the Skype Enhance menu in the Window-Eyes Apps pulldown.
- By popular request, the custom voicemail dialog box which was part of the original Window-Eyes Skype app has been reintroduced. Use Alt-Shift-V to open it while a Skype window is open.
- If the app has not been given access to the Skype4Com interface, or if a Facebook conversation is open, the app will use a different technique to speak incoming and outgoing chat messages.
- Corrected miscellaneous issues submitted through error reporting. Thank you!
8/14/2014 12:55:12 PM
- Fixed a problem where the links to adjust a conversation's visible history were always reported as "last 7 days."
- Fixed a problem where the items in the edit profile window often times were reported as "picture."
- The option to adjust mood text is now identified when reached via the Tab key in the edit profile window.
- Fixed a problem where the group names in Tools -> Options -> Privacy were not being spoken.
- When a hot key is checked or unchecked in the hot keys section of Skype's options window, nothing was spoken even though the state changed correctly. This has been fixed.
- The app now attempts to keep keyboard focus out of the embedded advertisement frames present in Skype conversation windows and thus present a much more pleasant experience as you Tab and Shift-Tab through them.
- The app once again uses the Skype4Com interface to better announce when contacts go on or offline, speak incoming and outgoing call status events, and voice instant messages. Note Skype will prompt you to allow Wecom.exe access when this update is first run.
- An option has been added to the Skype Enhance pulldown within the Window-Eyes Apps menu to set whether Skype events are automatically spoken.
- When you press Enter on the "chat via" combo box in a conversation, the app now reads the first menu item automatically and speak the other options much quicker than before.
- The Escape key can now be used to close a Skype conversation window even if you are in an area other than the typing area or history list.
- The app now announces when you have entered the conversation history regardless of how you arrived there.
- Fixed other miscellaneous issues submitted through error reporting.
5/30/2014 3:53:48 PM
2/3/2014 4:29:47 PM
- Filename: Skype_Enhance.wepm
- Date: 5/11/2016 2:30:06 PM
- Size: 232.3KB
- Total Downloads: 50837
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
There are no comments for Skype Enhance.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST