Ai Squared App Central - Insert Key Layout 1.1.9 by Ai Squared
Insert Key Layout 1.1.9
by Ai Squared
The Insert key layout provides a familiar set of keyboard commands for persons accustomed to hotkeys found in other adaptive products. While its purpose is to help minimize the learning curve to Window-Eyes newcomers, anyone is welcome to run it if they prefer an alternative command structure.One of the app's strengths is the ability to use a single set of commands to move both the keyboard focus and/or mouse pointer. When focus mode is active, then the main Arrow keys as well as those on your numeric keypad will move the keyboard focus. Similarly, the same navigation commands will move the mouse or WE cursor when either is active.You can set whether the app is enabled as well as specify which set of commands to use by opening the Window-Eyes control panel, navigating to the Apps menu, opening the Insert Key Layout pull-down, and adjusting the appropriate options.For a full list of hotkeys, consult the app's help option from within the Window-Eyes apps menu.Download Now
Supported Languages: English, Czech, French, Italian, Korean, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Japanese
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.5
Release Date: 4/17/2017
Last Update: 4/17/2017
4/17/2017 10:02:22 AM
- Changed all references of GW Micro to Ai Squared
3/5/2015 10:03:33 AM
- Corrected an error submitted through error reporting.* Updated the app's help text.
- Updated the Polish localization.
3/4/2015 8:55:47 AM
- added U and Shift-U to move by links.
3/3/2015 4:06:39 PM
2/6/2015 1:59:00 PM
This update corrects a problem where the layout's hot keys could sometimes fail to register when Window-Eyes first launched. Updated Polish localization.
1/13/2015 9:54:22 AM
- Control-Alt-Up, Down, Left, and Right Arrow keys have been added to allow for table navigation while in Browse Mode.
- The commands to navigate by radio button have been changed to A and Shift-A.
- R and Shift-R have been added to move by ARIA landmarks or HTML 5 regions.
- The custom Browse Mode keys which previously worked only for Internet Explorer now work in all places where the new Browse Mode system exists.
- When using the new Browse Mode system and Browse Mode is off, the command to activate the focus cursor (Numpad-Plus by default) will re-enable Browse Mode.
- Other miscellaneous issues have been corrected.
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared
4/1/2014 2:14:38 PM
- Browse Mode-related keys are no longer engaged when reading virtualized emails in Outlook. Control-F, for example, now forwards an email rather than opening the find dialog.
1/28/2014 10:06:02 AM
- Corrected a problem where pressing Control-Up and Control-Down Arrow keys could cause the cursor in Microsoft Word to skip a paragraph when there was no blank space between it and its neighboring paragraph.
- Corrected other issues submitted through error reporting. Thank you!
12/30/2013 11:19:38 AM
9/24/2013 4:04:58 PM
- Expanded the Control-Shift-S command to open the Page Navigation dialog inside Internet Explorer and Firefox. Please use this if Insert-F7 does not work.
9/13/2013 9:08:09 AM
- Added support for Polish.
11/9/2012 11:28:09 AM
- All internal events are now connected and disconnected when the layout is turned on or off.
- Worked around a situation that could cause lockups in Internet Explorer.
11/7/2012 8:26:53 AM
- Fixed a problem where navigating through lists or edit controls would become very sluggish while the Insert Key Layout was enabled.
- Corrected some documentation errors.
10/24/2012 1:14:25 PM
- Fixed a problem where the Home and End keys would result in no speech if pressed inside list views.
- Due to some Windows 7 conflicts, the default hotkey to enable and disable the layout has been changed to Control-Alt-0. This key is configurable in the hotkey manager inside the app's help dialog.
- Added a shared object to indicate when the layout becomes active.
10/22/2012 4:29:40 PM
- The Insert Key Layout is now disabled by default. It can be enabled either in the Apps menu or by pressing Control-Shift-0.
- In Window-Eyes 8.0 Beta 1 and newer, Insert-J and Insert-W are now registered as high priority keys.
- Corrected a problem where hotkeys such as Control-Shift-R, Control-Shift-F, and others would continue to be forceably undefined for programs like Outlook even when the IKL was disabled.
9/20/2012 10:48:26 AM
- Improved the control panel key to set focus to non-English versions of Window-Eyes.
- Added Control-Shift-0 to enable or disable the Insert Key Layout at will.
8/1/2012 10:39:56 AM
- Added Control-Shift-S to open the page navigation dialog in Office applications.
- Pressing Insert-F quickly will now open the Window-Eyes element properties dialog when inside Office applications.
6/29/2012 1:39:37 PM
- Corrected an issue where Control-Shift-R, Control-Shift-F, and other keys would not be passed through to Outlook when pressed.
6/29/2012 11:55:54 AM
- Filename: InsertKeyLayout.wepm
- Date: 4/17/2017 10:02:24 AM
- Size: 413.7KB
- Total Downloads: 69552
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
When I installed this using WE 8.0 on a new pc, it interfeared with certain WE hotkeys (such as insert-S) as soon as WE 8.0 was started. Took me quite a while to find the problem.
I would suggest a better description of the app.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST