Ai Squared App Central - GWAudioKit 0.8.5 by Ai Squared
by Ai Squared
The GW audio kit is based off of the open-source Audiere library from http://audiere.sourceforge.net and exposes a shared object called com.GWMicro.AudioKit. The kit supports manipulating sine waves (called tones), square waves, pink noise, white noise, and sound files (in Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, uncompressed WAV, AIFF, MOD, S3M, XM, and IT formats.
The package also includes a sample app called AudibleMouse.vbs which demonstrates how to watch for the audio kit's availability, connect to it, and produce a 2-dimensional representation of the mouse's position when it is moved. The included documentation details all of the kit's properties and methods.
Note: This app is still in the beta testing stage. It therefore may contain bugs or exhibit unusual behavior. Do not install this package if you are uncomfortable with the risks associated with running experimental software. Otherwise, all feedback regarding existing functionality as well as suggestions for future versions is appreciated.
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.1
Release Date: 8/26/2011
Last Update: 1/16/2012
1/16/2012 4:42:05 PM
- Fixes all reported errors. Thank you!
10/5/2011 3:44:33 PM
- Corrected a problem which could occur when the app shut down.
9/22/2011 3:52:15 PM
- Added an IsValid() method to test if a given sound ID is valid.
9/4/2011 11:06:13 AM
- Although it isn't technically correct, square waves are now created at the same fundamental frequency as sine waves.
9/2/2011 10:26:54 AM
- Improved the shared object's internal timer handling code.
9/1/2011 11:19:50 AM
- Optional arguments can now be passed to the Play() method to refine sound playback. See the included documentation for details.
8/30/2011 12:21:08 PM
- Time-based navigation wasn't possible in wave files. Now it is.
8/29/2011 12:46:35 PM
- Added methods for retrieving/setting a loaded sound's position as well as getting its length in milliseconds. Note this only works if the sound's sampling rate can be determined from its metadata. In cases where it cannot, use the sample-based alternatives which have been renamed in this version.
- Added a GetSampleRate method to retrieve a loaded sound's sampling rate, assuming one can be determined. This is useful for checking whether the time-based playback adjustment methods will work.
- Reduced the range of tones generated by the audible mouse example to be easier to hear.
8/26/2011 10:57:21 AM
- Filename: GWAudioKit.wepm
- Date: 1/16/2012 4:42:06 PM
- Size: 9228.6KB
- Total Downloads: 9449
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
Easy to use; it allowsyou to play a wide variety of file formats (at the same time if you want), and to know when any has finished playing. Also, you can create a huge variety of sound effects, taylored to your application so that the way they soun indicates some type of information.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2019 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST