Ai Squared App Central - UI Design 1.3.5 by Ai Squared
UI Design 1.3.5
by Ai Squared
UI Design allows you to create, modify, and translate XML files that contain Window-Eyes app dialogs and strings. Dialogs are presented in a tree view, with the selected element's properties displayed in a list view. The selected property can be edited using the supplied edit boxes and/or combo boxes. Dialog elements can be reorganized using the Up and Down buttons. You can test a dialog using the Try it! button. Dialogs and strings can also be validated using the Tools -> Validation menu item. UI Design also provides the ability to retrieve all strings in an XML file so that they can be easily localized.Download Now
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.5
Release Date: 1/29/2016
Last Update: 1/29/2016
1/29/2016 1:23:33 PM
- Previous version was missing some internal components.
1/27/2016 2:46:16 PM
- Fixed a problem where the app wouldn’t check for updates on launch.
- Disabled Recent File menu items when there are no recent files.
- Registers a shared object that can be used to invoke UI Design.
5/19/2015 2:15:56 PM
- When creating a new file, if there are no languages, the new XML dialog instead of the new language dialog.
- More performance enhancements to the translation dialog.
- The verification process now includes a progress bar.
4/29/2015 10:04:33 AM
- Added support for adding App menu entries.
- Increased performance of Translation dialog.
- Fixed a problem where whitespace was not handled correctly in the Translation dialog.
- Fixed an issue where elements were added multiple times in the Translation dialog.
4/17/2015 2:39:02 PM
- Fixed an error that could occur when translating strings.
3/24/2015 2:17:37 PM
- Fixed a problem where the XML would get mangled when translating text.
2/25/2013 8:53:29 AM
- Resolved all reported errors. Thank you!
2/1/2013 2:57:15 PM
- Fixed a regression that kept text from showing up correctly. This brings back an older problem of not being able to copy entire language nodes from one XML to another, so that is a known issue.
1/30/2013 8:11:29 AM
- Added Control-S to the Localization dialog which will immediately save the current file.
- Added File -> Reload (also Control-R) to reload the current XML file.
- Added Control-C in the Translation dialog list view that copies either the selected item, or all items, to the clipboard.
- When inserting a string, you can choose whether to add it locally (just the current language section), or globally (all language sections). In addition, you can choose to overwrite existing strings that have the same ID as what you're adding. This provides an easy way to add missing strings to all languages in one shot.
- Ensures that all language IDs are saved in the required Hex format, regardless of what they were when the file opened.
- Fixed a problem where modifying the language order didn't cause you to be prompted to save the file when closing it.
5/7/2012 10:23:37 AM
- Fixed a problem where the Trim function was trying to operate on a null string.
- Fixed a problem where the treeview dialog wasn't yet available, causing an error.
3/23/2012 12:03:10 PM
- Fixed a problem where pressing enter didn't open the selected item in the recent items list.
- Fixed a problem where full paths would show up in the recent files menu list for files in the user profile directory.
3/20/2012 4:21:48 PM
- Added support for copying/pasting nodes, even between XML files.
- Added recent files dialog on launch which shows last modified and size information (with the ability to disable the feature).
- Resolved all reported errors. Thank you!
9/21/2011 11:10:41 AM
- Resolved all reported issues. Thank you!
6/1/2011 5:01:34 PM
- Fixed a problem where helptext was not being saved.
5/26/2011 5:28:41 PM
- Fixed a problem where empty attributes were still being written to the final XML, which had the potential to create unwanted aesthetics.
5/24/2011 3:25:13 PM
- Added the ability to edit the language order (Tools -> Language Order) for XML files with more than one language.
- Fixed an error that could occur when navigating rapidly through the translation strings.
- When an ID is updated in the list of properties, the updated string is now reflected in the tree of dialogs.
- Fixed a problem where you would be prompted to save after already saving.
- The process of removing leading and trailing whitespace is now much smarter.
5/23/2011 11:59:49 AM
- Fixed a problem where updating/translating text would remove a node's children, causing significant data loss.
- Added a menu entry for Help and Options.
5/10/2011 3:55:28 PM
- Added the ability to add languages that don't already exist in Window-Eyes (i.e. "Other" languages).
- Resolved all reported errors.
5/3/2011 12:48:29 PM
- Filename: ui_design.wepm
- Date: 1/29/2016 1:23:34 PM
- Size: 59.1KB
- Total Downloads: 16353
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
For anyone who would like a tutorial or more information on using UIDesign, check out the scripting classes # 11, 13, and 14 in the developer resources portion of the GW web site.
UIDesign is a comprehensive and complex package, and while it will save you an enormous amount of time and improve the quality of your apps, it does take some time to become familiarized with.
Tried v1.2.5 and found I cannot remove any old, no-longer-existing files from any of the 'recent' lists. Also, the 'default' value and default options are confusing. For example, I'd like the 'Okay' to be the default control with 'continue' as the action. I get default is Yes with default as no, whatever that means. Finally, I have two groups: 1 contains a combobox and edit box. 2 contains the "Go" and "Exit" buttons. When I 'Try it' I can only tab between the combobox and edit box.Go and Exit are not visited. I'm sure these are operator errors, but help is no help.
This app takes an enormous load off of any app developer in that it handles *all* the xml work for you, saving you the large learning curve of XML as used by window-eyes. It also makes it quite easy to layout the skeleton of a multi-language app, doing everything except the actual translations for you.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2019 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST