If you are used to Eloquence saying "dot dot dot" when it encounters an ellipsis, this app will come in handy to you. This app stops Eloquence from treating ellipses as commas, and instead the synthesizer will say "dot dot dot."
There is also an option to prevent Window-Eyes from saying "apostrophe" if Miscellaneous Punctuation is turned on. This feature is useful if you wish to have all Miscellaneous Punctuation on but do not want Window-Eyes to say something like "don apostrophe t" instead of "don't."Download Now
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 3/22/2011
Last Update: 10/20/2011
10/20/2011 5:08:01 PM
- Added ability to toggle treatment of ellipses. This option is on by default and can be turned off from the Options dialog.
- Corrected an issue where more than two words connected by a period (.) would not be processed. Window-Eyes would say something like Multiple dot Words. Joined instead of Multiple dot Words dot Joined.
- Corrected an issue where words connected with a period (.) and separated by a non-alphanumeric character would not be processed. I.E.: (this).Fragment.
10/15/2011 12:47:15 PM
Added case of contractions ending in "d," as in "you'd."
10/15/2011 9:20:57 AM
The search-and-replace functions for apostrophes have been rewritten to take advantage of regular expressions instead of using manual look-aheads. This corrected an issue which existed in version 1.3.1 where in some cases, apostrophe characters would not be suppressed.
6/24/2011 8:29:20 AM
Corrected occasional "invalid procedure call or argument" error when processing apostrophe characters.
Fixed global association for Dot Fix.
6/23/2011 3:51:16 PM
Added treatment of plural possessive apostrophe characters. For instance, for the sentence fragment "foos' bar," where "foo" is the possessor and "bar" is the object, Window-Eyes now says "foos bar" instead of "foos apostrophe bar."
5/1/2011 6:55:56 AM
- The fixes mentioned in 1.1 are NOW INCLUDED. (I wasn't aware that I had included the 1.0 file of the app instead of the update in the package!) The options menu along with apostrophe fixes will now work.
4/1/2011 10:08:52 PM
- Enhanced triple dot treatment. Previously, if "..." appeared in the middle of a word viz. "like...this," Window-Eyes would say, "like, dot this." Now, it will also filter this case and say "dot dot dot."
- Added feature to filter Apostrophe characters.
- Added entry in Window-Eyes App Menu. Older versions of Window-Eyes will still use the "Help And Options" button.
- Filename: DotFix.wepm
- Date: 10/20/2011 5:05:10 PM
- Size: 3.2KB
- Total Downloads: 6508
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.