Ai Squared App Central - AOL Instant Messenger Scripts 2011.1 by Cory Samaha
AOL Instant Messenger Scripts 2011.1
by Cory Samaha
This script enhances the support for Aol Instant Messenger. The following enhancements are available.
- Automatic reading of new IMs as they are sent and received
- hotkeys for reviewing the last 10 IMs in the currently active IM window
- spoken announcements when someone changes their status
- Over all better reading of dialogs and menus in the AIM client
For more information, check the script help. This version has not undergone very extensive testing, so consider this a beta release.
Thanks to the folks at SSB BART Group, Doug Lee and Jonathan Avila for their input and contributions to this script.
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 5/5/2010
Last Update: 9/24/2011
9/24/2011 8:58:48 AM
- fixed a script error that would occur if IE9 or later was installed.
10/19/2010 11:38:27 PM
- Modified the way Window-Eyes speaks new IMs as they are sent and received. This new approach will greatly improve the speed and accuracy of the automatic IM reading.
- Added the ability to use alt-1 through alt-0 to review the IM history of the currently active IM conversation.
- fixed some script errors.
6/11/2010 3:31:49 PM
- Better dialog support: Window-Eyes should read the controls in AIM, particularly the AIM preferences better as you tab from control to control. Previously the field names for lots of these controls were not being spoken which could make it hard to tell what the context of a particular control was.
- The script now uses a dictionary object to keep track of the conversation history rather than an array which is a much better approach, and should improve the responsiveness of automatic message reading.
- Changed the way the script monitors for notification changes. Before if someone signed off and back on very quickly, it would not speak both of the notifications. This should be fixed.
5/31/2010 6:27:20 AM
A new option has been added to the AIM script preferences that allows you to customize how new IMs are read. You can have new IMs read with or without the timestamp information, or nothing read at all. This option can be set with the new group of radio buttons. Refer to the script help for details.
Implemented automatic check for updates feature.
Version checking is now done to insure you are running a supported version of the GW Toolkit. If not, an error message is spoken and the script will exit.
5/5/2010 3:09:06 PM
- Filename: aim.wepm
- Date: 9/24/2011 8:58:50 AM
- Size: 7.2KB
- Total Downloads: 7049
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
I just downloaded AIM and the app does not read incoming messages automatically. It also does not correctly read the history when I press ALT-1 to ALT-0; it always says "no message." What version of AIM does this app work with?
UM, HOW CAN YOU EVEN WORK WITH AOL, if, for me at least, the log in window is totally. well, almost totally, inaccessible? Any ideas why this is happening?
Window-eyes reports the window to be a window client area. it can't read anything with the focus, but I can see the fields with the mouse. save the sign in button though, can't find it. could somehow enter username but not the password. so I'm stuck. *sad smile*.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST