This global script allows you to enter diacritical marks in any control with a cursor. The process is based on Microsoft Word. There are nine hotkeys by default allowing you to insert nine types of accented characters. Although all nine keys can be defined to your choice of keystrokes, the following are defined by default:
Pressing control-accent grave followed by a lower or upper case vowel will create the vowel with an accent grave.
Pressing control-apostrophe followed by a lower or upper vowel or y will create the character with an acute accent. Follow it with a lower or upper d to get ð or Ð.
Pressing control-shift-caret followed by a lower or upper case vowel will create the vowel with a circumflex.
Pressing control-shift-tilde followed by lower or upper a, o or n will create the character with a tilde.
Pressing control-shift-colon followed by a lower or upper vowel or y will create the character with an umlaut.
Pressing control-shift-at sign followed by a lower or upper a will create the a with a ring above.
Pressing control-shift-ampersand followed by a lower or upper a or o will create æ and œ follow it with an s to get a ß.
Pressing control-comma followed by a lower or upper c will create a cedilla.
Pressing control-slash followed by a lower or upper o will create a slashed o.
Supported Languages: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 4/17/2017
Last Update: 4/17/2017
4/17/2017 10:48:07 AM
- Changed all references of GW Micro to Ai Squared
1/12/2012 10:29:24 AM
12/19/2011 9:18:12 AM
- Fixed a problem where a focus could cause the Hotkey Manager to fail in weird ways.
12/1/2011 8:35:30 AM
- Additional performance enhancements.
11/29/2011 12:54:41 PM
- Small performance tweak.
- Added help about box email support for latest toolkit.
10/20/2011 4:00:47 PM
- Added Polish support.
- if the GWToolkit 8.4.1 or newer is installed, Gw Micro can now be emailed from the app's help and options dialog.
8/31/2011 7:49:21 AM
8/17/2011 1:24:14 PM
- The user is no longer prompted to accept the license upon initial and upgrade installations.
1/7/2011 5:32:14 PM
- Added appropriate entries to the Window-Eyes script menu.
- Updated the script help text.
- Other minor fixes.
11/5/2009 4:54:00 PM
- Fixed script run-time error reported with regard to Outlook 2007.
- Fixed errors in the help text.
11/5/2009 10:57:57 AM
- Enhanced the help documentation
- Fixed a few small errors
11/3/2009 4:12:20 PM
- Added a fix to check for GW Toolkit availability before registering all hot keys.
11/3/2009 4:11:44 PM
- This version of the script is no longer associated only with Microsoft Word but works globally with any Edit type control.
- Window-Eyes 7.11 or newer is now required
11/3/2009 4:13:38 PM
- Word versions less then 2007 didn't actually work because the modulename was different. This version now truly works will all versions of Word from 2000 up to 2007.
- Filename: wordaccent.wepm
- Date: 4/17/2017 10:48:08 AM
- Size: 22.4KB
- Total Downloads: 36151
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.