Ai Squared App Central - Miranda IM 0.62 by Stephen Clower
Miranda IM 0.62
by Stephen Clower
The Miranda IM app adds accessibility features to make the Miranda IM and Miranda NG messaging clients more speech friendly for Window-Eyes. The original program can be obtained from www.miranda-im.org
, and the new generation (which is now recommended) can be found at www.miranda-ng.org
The app currently enables Window-Eyes to speak incoming and outgoing messages inside one-on-one and group chat windows, allow the user to configure when and how messages are spoken, and provide hotkeys to read specific messages.
The default assignments for the chat window hotkeys are:
* Review entire message window: `
* Review most recent to tenth most recent message: Alt-1 through Alt-0 respectively
* Configure Miranda IM app behavior: Control-Shift-P
This package was tested with the 32-bit Unicode builds of Miranda IM and Miranda NG. Furthermore, it is recommended that the default chat plugin (SRMM.dll for Miranda IM and STDMSG.dll in Miranda NG) is used for one-on-one conversations, and that the default group chat plugin (CHAT.dll) is used when communicating with multiple people. Some third-party replacements such as TabSRMM will also work reasonably well. Ensure the 'Show Names' item under the messaging log options is checked; otherwise, the app may not read new text correctly.
For a more accessible contact list, Window-Eyes users are encouraged to use the BCList plugin from the Miranda IM add-ons website or by downloading it when installing Miranda NG.
Users who are brand new to Miranda are welcome to listen to a guide that walks through the installation and setup process at http://getwindoweyes.com/Audio_Video_Archive/App_Tutorials/audio/miranda.mp3.
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 11/19/2015
Last Update: 11/19/2015
11/19/2015 11:31:50 AM
- Adding support for the standard Miranda NG messaging module (STDMSG.dll).
7/20/2011 8:57:48 AM
- Bug fixes from error reports.
4/12/2011 12:39:07 PM
- Group chats are now fully supported.
- Updated the field labels to work with the recently changed Miranda IM messaging windows.
- Help and options are now accessible from the Window-Eyes Apps menu.
- Removed the set files that previously accompanied the app as they are no longer required.
10/26/2010 10:04:41 AM
- Bug fixes resulting from error reports.
9/17/2010 9:43:14 AM
- Fixed some bugs sent in through error reporting.
7/15/2010 2:46:40 PM
- Corrected a problem where the script wouldn't accurately read new messages in chat windows whose size exceeded 4KB.
- Message speaking and review support now exists for IRC and multiuser chat sessions.
- Window-Eyes now automatically speaks history text as you scroll through the user history dialog.
4/13/2010 12:42:07 PM
- Corrected an error that would sometimes occur when reviewing the Miranda message history.
2/5/2010 2:28:18 PM
- Solved the MSAAEvents error that some users were receiving.
- Preliminary support for other chat plugins, such as TabSRMM, now exists.
- Considerable amounts of the script's internals were redesigned to improve stability and future flexibility
1/16/2010 11:24:30 PM
- Corrected an MSAA error that would sometimes appear if a message window gained focus while the computer was very busy.
2/13/2009 11:07:10 PMFixed the issue where the script would speak repeat messages if more than one conversation window was open.
2/11/2009 5:32:04 PMAdded a set file and graphic dictionary contributed by Raul Gallegos.
The buttons inside the chat window are now labeled.
Improved the mechanism used to read new messages.
Added an option to silence a contact's name when reviewing the chat history.
2/10/2009 11:22:01 PMInitial version.
- Filename: mirandaim.wepm
- Date: 11/19/2015 11:31:52 AM
- Size: 8.5KB
- Total Downloads: 16954
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
This app adds some very nice features to Miranda IM. It works very well. Check it out if you use the program.
There is a lot of help information available from Steve. This is another great thing about this app. Steve keeps it updated and fixes errors very quickly.
On 5/15/2011, Push
I really like this script. I have one suggestion. Could you add a hotkey in the script to read the notification area icon and if pressed a second time it would right-click the icon?
On 4/16/2011, Push
I really like this script. The only annoying thing is the delay between pressing enter and hearing what you said. Is there any way to make this quicker?
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST