Ai Squared App Central - Read To Me 1.6.6 by Ai Squared
Read To Me 1.6.6
by Ai Squared
This app enables Window-Eyes to use a specific voice during Read-To-End. Press Control-Insert-R to select which voice will be used and to optionally specify the speed at which Window-Eyes will read. The GWToolkit 6.9 or higher is required.Download Now
Supported Languages: English, Hebrew, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Swedish, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Japanese
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.1
Release Date: 5/11/2016
Last Update: 5/11/2016
11/4/2015 2:50:00 PM
1/13/2015 9:24:06 AM
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
2/9/2015 4:52:10 PM
Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
6/4/2014 4:37:19 PM
- Fixed it so the field name for the pitch trackbar said "pitch" instead of "rate"
4/1/2014 2:08:08 PM
- Added support for eSpeak, Microsoft Speech Platform, and Vocalizer Expressive voices.
9/13/2013 9:05:40 AM
- Added support for the Vocalizer synthesizer. Note Window-Eyes 8.0 or newer is required to use Vocalizer.
8/17/2012 1:43:57 PM
11/29/2011 1:02:14 PM
- Small performance enhancements.
10/14/2011 10:25:55 AM
- Corrected a problem where the original voice would not resume if the user attempted to test a synthesizer which was not connected.
10/11/2011 9:49:49 AM
- Updated the Polish translation.
- If the GW Toolkit 8.4.1 or newer is installed, the user can now email GW Micro directly from the Help/About dialog with questions about the app.
8/17/2011 1:16:06 PM
- The user is no longer prompted to accept the license upon initial and upgrade installations.
8/4/2011 8:36:05 AM
- Improved German localization.
4/1/2011 12:24:03 PM
- Added a Swedish translation.
- The app is now dormant by default.
- Updated ownership and license information.
6/9/2009 9:20:41 PM
- ReadToMe can be configured directly from the Window-Eyes control panel.
- This, and subsequent versions of the script, will require Window-Eyes 7.1 or greater.
2/4/2009 10:09:24 AM
Added a Polish translation provided by Waldemar Rogowski.
12/4/2008 2:05:20 PM
- Added a German translation provided by Ralf Vosseler.
- Reorganized the script dialog's layout.
- Options are now enabled and disabled depending on the status of their respective checkboxes.
- Added an option to disable tooltip announcements while reading.
12/3/2008 10:47:57 AM
New in 1.2
- The screen rate is now saved and restored when the reading voice rate changes. Rate changes should now work for users who do not use synthesizer or engine-specific voice parameters.
- The arrow keys now adjust the reading voice's rate in the same manner as the Window-Eyes control panel; E.G. down-arrow decreases the rate, and up-arrow increases it.
- The "Test" button now uses the rate adjustment settings found in the RTM dialog box when speaking.
- If no reading voice has been chosen, focus is placed on the active synthesizer when the RTM dialog opens. Otherwise, the user's preferred reading voice gains focus.
- Refactored the code to be cleaner and less redundant.
New in 1.1
- The '(None)' option in the available voice list has been removed.
- In addition to setting a custom Read-To-End voice, it is now possible to set the rate at which the voice in question speaks.
New in 1.01
- Corrected a potential error reporting issue.
New in 1.0
- Corrected a potential logic error in the check for update routine.
New in 0.5
- Bullet-proofed the script so it will no longer change the active voice when the Window-Eyes key describer is active.
New in 0.4
- The OnHotkey event is used now to trap the read-to-end key. This means that the script will always intercept the keystroke even when switching set files or keyboard layouts.
- The voice testing logic was rewritten to allow a sample voice to speak completely and switch back to the main voice when finished.
New in 0.3
- Set the default for automatic update checking to off.
- Added a button to the RTM dialog which allows the user to test the selected voice. The default voice is restored after 6 seconds.
New in 0.2
- A checkbox to enable the script's voice changing was added to the RTM configuration.
- Added the script's website to the about dialog.
New in 0.1
- Initial version.
- Filename: ReadToMe.wepm
- Date: 5/11/2016 2:28:31 PM
- Size: 24.2KB
- Total Downloads: 75991
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
Just FYI, this was fixed in version 0.4 of the script.
This is a fantastic script. Very well done. I love it!
Very nice script. This provides a level of functionality exactly equal to that provided in JAWS for the same feature! Great work!
There is one minor caveat about which users should be aware. A Test button is provided next to each synthesizer listed. This allows the user to verify their synthesizer selection before accepting the change by pressing enter. After the Test button is pressed, a short message is spoken, and Window-Eyes seems to go silent for several seconds. Everything resumes routine function after those seconds elapse.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST