Ai Squared App Central - Microsoft Word Count 1.07 by Darren Paskell
Microsoft Word Count 1.07
by Darren Paskell
This script provides a convenient way to hear how many words there are within a Microsoft Word document.
Default Hotkey Assignments
- Control-Windows-W: Speaks the word count.
New in 1.07
- Fixed a bug with the Automatic Check for Updates routine
New in 1.06
- Conformed to the latest specification for Shared Object implementation.
- Updated to the new WEPM format introduced with Window-Eyes 7.0 Beta 3, for improved future localisation.
New in 1.05
- Further optimised the Word Count Function.
- Where a direct call to Word's ComputeStatistics method fails, the Word Count dialog is now simulated just as before.
New in 1.04
- Error Reporting now works. Please also update your copy of the GW Toolkit.
- An alternative method of performing the Word Count is being tested in this version. If you experience any difficulties, please let me know straight away.
- This script is now digitally signed, meaning you now have the power to set trust permissions for it and any script written by me, from the Security options in Script Manager.
New in 1.03
- Implemented minor updates to conform to language and Shared Object standards. Please update your copy of Window-Eyes to the latest version of 7.0.
New in 1.02
- Performed additional bullet-proofing with initialization code.
- Code should now execute correctly under Windows Vista.
New in 1.01
- Reworked initialization code for improved performance and reliability.
- Implemented the GWToolkit Error Reporting object. Please email me any errors you receive.
- Errors are also logged to a file called WinwordCountError.txt.
This script requires the GW Toolkit. Please update to the latest version.
Testing has been performed with Microsoft Word 2007, although I expect it to be compatible with Word 97 and later.
Supported Languages: English
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
- Filename: MicrosoftWordCount.wepm
- Date: 11/13/2008 2:57:34 PM
- Size: 25.7KB
- Total Downloads: 3757
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
I can confirm that this app does not alter any document content. Word will prompt you to save a document after you go into the Word Count dialog itself. This behaviour is therefore, a bug in Word itself.
I agree with Push and I have just one thing. I was testing it and when I open a word doc. and I want to check the word count it will check it but when I close the word doc. it asks me if I want to save the changes to the word doc. when I did not make any changes, so my concern is this script making changes to the word document without us knowing?
I just love this script. I always need to know the word count and this is just so much easier than going to the menu... Thanks for making the hotkey redefinable.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2019 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST