Ai Squared App Central - VirtualView 5.0.5 by Ai Squared
by Ai Squared
VirtualView displays a dialog containing all of the text inside the active window, along with a Copy to Clipboard button.
Supported Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese - Portugal, Portuguese - Brazil, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Japanese
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 4/17/2017
Last Update: 4/17/2017
4/17/2017 10:32:38 AM
- Fixed misc. issues that were reported
12/23/2015 8:47:19 AM
- Corrects an error that would happen when attempting to open a file from the main Virtual View window.
11/18/2015 10:24:19 AM
- Updated documentation
- Added Key Describer
- Options moved from Help to View
- Dialog now has a custom icon
- Resolved several reported issues
11/4/2015 3:27:38 PM
Virtual View 5.0 now supports exciting new features such as the ability to OCR images from files or the screen, plus virtualizing various document formats, including PDF files. Here are some other features:
- You can open an image in any format (jpg, bmp, png, tiff, etc.).
- If you press Alt-Print Screen to capture the active window, Virtual View will automatically OCR it for you.
- The Virtual View options dialog lets you control image manipulation to increase OCR success.
- Supports UAC, allowing you to get contents (specifically UIA) from windows that are elevated.
- Images inside PDF files are prepended with [BEGIN IMAGE] and appended with [END IMAGE].
- You can choose several different kinds of file formats to virtualize, including:
- ZipAnd if you have Office installed:
Imagine a Word document filled with text boxes and word art. That information will show up as plain text when passed through Virtual View. Spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations are the same way. If you want to quickly skim a PowerPoint presentation without opening PowerPoint, use Virtual View.
With zip files, Virtual View can open the zip file and get the text of all text files. At the very least, you can get a list of the files in the archive.
1/13/2015 9:36:21 AM
- added an option to allow one to virtualize a window either by clips or what is available through UI Automation.
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
4/1/2014 2:08:39 PM
1/10/2013 12:41:17 PM
- Updated the app to work with changes in the Insert Key Layout 1.0.6.
6/29/2012 12:00:20 PM
- Updated to include automatic hotkey switching when the Insert Key Layout is active.
4/11/2012 2:03:12 PM
- Added a Version Info button to the initial VV dialog. Selecting this option presents you with a dialog containing detailed version information for the active window. You can use this feature to get version information for any application, including those that may not provide an accessible Help -> About dialog, or to simply get version information quickly.
1/12/2012 10:26:29 AM
- Updated Italian support.
- Added Czech support.
10/17/2011 8:20:14 AM
- Updated Polish translation.
- If the GW Toolkit 8.4.1 or newer is installed, the user can now email GW Micro directly with questions about the app.
8/17/2011 1:18:23 PM
- The user is no longer prompted to accept the license upon initial and upgrade installations.
11/17/2010 2:20:48 PM
- Added appropriate entries to the Window-Eyes script menu.
- Updated the script help text.
- Other minor fixes.
4/23/2010 2:16:13 PM
3/18/2010 10:49:07 AM
11/13/2009 3:54:38 PM
- Fixed a problem where pressing P would result in a left mouse click taking place, even though one wasn't supposed to.
- Clips are now obtained before the window selection dialog comes up, ensuring more text accuracy.
- Clips are retrieved static instead of dynamic, which will help in future script development.
11/6/2009 9:49:11 AM
- Updated localization for Portuguese-Brazilian.
5/6/2009 11:34:22 AM
- Added Italian localization
2/6/2009 9:14:26 AM
- Added support for Portuguese - Brazil.
- Posted again with correct digital signature.
2/2/2009 1:10:01 PM
- Fixed a problem where an error would occur if a window went away when the VV dialog came up.
- Updated the method used to determine if text in the VV window is selected in order to enable/disable the copy buttons.
- Added Norwegian support.
1/22/2009 10:57:51 AM
12/10/2008 11:40:39 AM
- Added support for Portuguese.
12/1/2008 11:31:26 AM
- Added support for Turkish.
12/1/2008 11:23:26 AM
- Added support for German.
12/1/2008 11:23:42 AM
- Resolved a version discrepancy problem.
12/1/2008 11:23:58 AM
- Did a bit of house cleaning, and added Polish.
12/1/2008 11:24:13 AM
- Additional shared object bulletproofing.
12/1/2008 11:24:34 AM
- The routine to store shared objects using OnStateChange has been updated. If you use shared object in your scripts, we recommend following the method outlined in VV for the best success.
- Fixed a problem where the regular expression for matching websites wasn't always successful.
- VV now uses the tookit's WindowType method instead of it's own.
- The virtualview.vbs file is now Unicode instead of ANSI.
12/1/2008 11:24:51 AM
- Added some bulletproofing thanks to an error report.
- OnStateChange is now used to set up the toolkit error reporting feature.
12/1/2008 11:25:08 AM
- Fixed a problem where selecting text would re-read all the previously selected text.
12/1/2008 11:25:24 AM
- Added language functionality supported in Window-Eyes 7.0 Beta 2
- Updated the GW Toolkit namespaces for SharedObjects
12/1/2008 11:25:38 AM
- Added some dialog bullet-proofing.
- Added support for the GW Toolkit error reporting feature.
12/1/2008 11:25:53 AM
- Modified the method for determining whether or not text is selected (for enabling/disabling the appropriate buttons).
12/1/2008 11:26:08 AM
- VV now keeps from being able to bring up multiple copies of the dialog when it is active (but still lets you bring up multiple dialogs for all other windows).
- VV now includes the GW Micro script license.
12/1/2008 11:26:23 AM
- VV now does a better job of keeping track of active and focused windows.
12/1/2008 11:26:37 AM
- The edit box now scrolls to the cursor when finding text.
- The last thing searched for is remembered in the search edit box.
12/1/2008 11:26:52 AM
- Added Find and Find next options for locating text in the VV edit box.
- Added real script help instead of "Coming Soon!"
12/1/2008 11:27:07 AM
- Added another keystroke: F. Pressing F will focus the window associated with the text, and will leave the mouse pointer unmoved.
- Resolved another problem with the Always Ask check box.
12/1/2008 11:27:22 AM
- Fixed a problem where the Always Ask check box was not showing the current state when bringing up the Help and Options dialog.
12/1/2008 11:29:00 AM
- The VV keys have been redefined: R performs a right click, L performs a left click, M performs a middle click, and D performs a double click. P routes the mouse to the associated clip. Enter still executes URLs and email addressed.
- Now when you launch the VV dialog, you will be prompted to virtualize the active window or the focused window. There's also a check box that lets you stop the dialog from showing every time. If you uncheck the check box, whatever button you select will be used from then on. You can change the prompting of the dialog using the Help and Options button, which is now also located in the VV dialog itself.
12/1/2008 11:29:22 AM
- You can now press the letter D to execute a double click left mouse click on the clip that the text represents. This is a nice way to open shortcuts, and do things that require double-clicking.
12/1/2008 11:29:43 AM
- You can now put the cursor in any text, and press the letter C to close the VV dialog, and execute a single left mouse click on the clip that text represents. This provides a quick way to click on buttons, check or uncheck check boxes, select list items, etc.
- The VV script is now digitally signed, as is the VV WEPM.
12/1/2008 11:30:12 AM
- The Include Types check box in the script options is now enabled, and will include the type of window the clip came from when displaying the virtual view window.
- The main edit box now gains focus when the dialog gets created so that you don't have to do a Control-Home to move to the top of the content.
12/1/2008 11:30:26 AM
- Added Copy Selection, Append All, and Append Selection buttons to perform those respective tasks.
- You can now put the cursor in any text, and press the letter R to close the VV dialog, and place the mouse pointer on the clip that text represents.
12/1/2008 11:30:38 AM
- VV now has an options dialog, accessible via the Help and Options button in the Script Manager. There's only one option, currently: Include Labeled Graphics. This option defaults to off. If it is enabled, graphics that have been labeled will be included in the text.
12/1/2008 11:30:51 AM
- In addition to copying, you can now save the contents of the Virtual View window to a text file using the Save button.
12/1/2008 11:31:05 AM
- You can now press enter on web site addresses to open the website in your default web browser, and on email addresses to open a new message in your default email client.
- Filename: virtualview.wepm
- Date: 4/17/2017 10:32:38 AM
- Size: 1711.9KB
- Total Downloads: 96238
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
I find this app extremely helpful for getting to text in programs that you normally can't get to using the keyboard. A very useful app.
I just started using this script in the past day or so and am finding extremely valuable in cut/paste operations between 3270 mainframe sessions.
This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Also great for copying text out of a command prompt or Linux shell window.
App Central Search
App Central Links