Ai Squared App Central - ProgressIndicator 2.0.2 by Ai Squared
by Ai Squared
This script is designed to give you immediate feedback on the status of progress bars in the active window. There are two types of progress bars. The main progress bar contains a visual indicator as to the progress giving sighted users a percentage from 0 to 100. Marquee bars are similar but they don’t give a percentage. Instead they simply give a sighted user indication that progress is being made without any specifics as to the total percentage. Both types of progress bars can be monitored independently with this script.
With some applications a progress bar may be used for other purposes or never removed from the screen causing the progress status to be read over and over. If this happens you can press the toggle all progress bars hotkey (by default this is Control-Shift-Windows-P) to toggle all progress bars for the current window off or on. Once you toggle them off then all progress bars for the currently active window will be ignored. You can block as many windows as you wish. To unblock a window simply press the hotkey again while the window is active or use the options dialog to remove the blocked window. There is no limit to the number of blocked windows.
The available options can be setup from the help option in the script manager dialog.
Supported Languages: English, Hebrew, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese - Portugal, Portuguese - Brazil, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Czech
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 5/11/2016
Last Update: 5/11/2016
7/16/2015 11:37:15 AM
- Corrects an issue where progress bars would not be announced in Firefox, Thunderbird, ad Windows Update.
1/13/2015 9:08:21 AM
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
2/9/2015 4:51:09 PM
Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
8/7/2014 4:19:49 PM
- Corrected a problem where some valid MSAA-based progress events were being ignored.
7/24/2014 3:12:37 PM
- Corrected an error found from 1.9.8.
7/24/2014 11:53:13 AM
- Added support for additional progress bars such as those found in the Windows 8 File Explorer, the Firefox downloads window, Thunderbird, ARIA sliders, and other programs which use MSAA progress bars.
4/1/2014 10:18:09 AM
- Fixed a problem where a custom marquee bar sound would not play if one was chosen.
1/10/2013 12:39:53 PM
12/19/2011 9:23:06 AM
- Fixed a problem where some progress bars could be ignored.
11/29/2011 1:09:59 PM
10/6/2011 9:44:46 AM
8/17/2011 1:14:40 PM
- The user is no longer prompted to accept the license upon initial and upgrade installations.
11/17/2010 2:36:41 PM
- Added appropriate entries to the Window-Eyes script menu.
- Updated the script help text.
- Other minor fixes.
4/23/2010 2:15:44 PM
3/18/2010 10:56:39 AM
- If you are using Window-Eyes 7.1 or newer this updated version of Progress Indicator will now add an entry in the Window-Eyes Script menus pulldown off the main Window-Eyes menu bar. The new option brings up a pulldown with two entries. The first is Options... which brings up the options dialog and the second is Help... which brings up the help dialog.
- Support for Korean has been added
- Support for Belgium Dutch has been added
1/11/2010 3:05:08 PM
- Due to a bug in Window-Eyes, we've removed support for Firefox progress bars. It will be added back as soon as a resolution can be provided in a future Window-Eyes update.
1/8/2010 9:46:58 AM
- Support for Firefox progress bars in both the main browser window, and the download manager.
- Updated progress tones.
11/24/2009 3:21:52 PM
- Updated Brazilian-Portugese language strings in the xml.
11/9/2009 4:58:09 PM
- fixed a regression caused with version 1.4.9 where the progress bar in Windows 7 Explorer window continually reads at 0 percent.
- fixed a problem where in some cases a progress bar would repeat over and over.
11/9/2009 10:20:31 AM
- Updated the tones for the assending tone feature. They are now easier to hear especially the lower tones. There are now 100 unique tones for each percentage. Previously there were only 20 for each 5 percent. Thanks to J.J. Meddaugh for creating the 100 tones.
- Changed the default from 5 second intervals to 5 percent intervals. Also changed the sounds from no sound to ascending sounds.
- Added key describer support for the toggle progress bar hotkey
- Updated the help information
11/4/2009 2:25:19 PM
- Fixed bugs reported through error reporting.
5/6/2009 11:33:53 AM
- Added Italian localization
2/5/2009 2:51:03 PM
- Added support for Portuguese - Brazil.
2/2/2009 1:14:33 PM
- Added Norwegian and updated Swedish.
1/22/2009 10:57:15 AM
1/21/2009 10:51:05 AM
- resolved potential script error
1/20/2009 11:02:05 AM
- fixed an error reported by error reporting
1/16/2009 11:30:34 AM
- Fixed errors reported by error reporting.
1/15/2009 2:54:14 PM
- fixed a potential script error with the Windows 7 fix in version 1.4.
1/15/2009 1:53:53 PM
- Filtered out the progress bar used in Windows Explorer under Windows 7. Now if that progress bar is 0 percent it will be ignored. Anything other than 0 percent will cause it to indicate as designed. Without this new filtering 0 percent would be indicated over and over as setup by the user options.
12/10/2008 11:34:19 AM
- Added support for Portuguese.
12/1/2008 3:16:44 PM
- Added support for Turkish.
11/24/2008 3:32:34 PM
- Updated certain strings for better localization.
11/13/2008 4:23:34 PM
Release notes for version 1.3.2
Release notes for version 1.3.1
Release notes for version 1.3
- Fixed errors reported by error reporting.
- Added the scriptversion string for Polish to the xml.
Release notes for version 1.2
- Added support for the latest toolkit
- Removed On Error functionality where appropriate, and added bulletproofing
- Fixed an error that would occur in windows with more than 10 progress bars
Release notes for version 1.1
- Updated the script to conform to the new .xml specs for beta 2. Because of this you must be using Window-Eyes 7.0 beta 2 or newer.
- Also now includes localized strings and dialogs for Polish.
Release notes for version 1.0
- Added the ability to block certain windows from being monitored for progress bars. If there is a window you do not wish to hear the progress bar indication simply press the progress bar hotkey while the window is active, control-shift-windows-p by default. This will block the currently active window from being monitored. This blocking is persistent meaning this window will remain blocked even if Window-Eyes is shut down and restarted. If you press the hotkey on a window that is already blocked, it will become unblocked. You can also use the options dialog to review blocked windows and delete some or all currently blocked windows.
Release notes for version 0.91
- Bullet proofed things a bit more to prevent script errors.
Release notes for version 0.9
- Oops, Raul noticed I didn't have my INI path correct so it was saving in the wrong place. Thanks Raul. This means you may not have your last settings when you update but at least from now on your settings will be safe.
Release notes for version 0.8
- On every activation I would check to see if there were any visible progress bars and based on that start monitoring them. In Windows Explorer under Vista if you copy large files they bring up the dialog with an invisible progress bar and then make it visible later so it was not monitored. Now I no longer care if it is visible on the activation and just look before indicating the status.
Release notes for version 0.7
- ClientInformation.ScriptPath is now used with the .ini file so gwtoolkit makes sure it is in the correct place.
Release notes for version 0.6
- Updated the Ascending tones. According to J.J. Meddaugh the tones being used weren't progressively equal in tone. So he created a setup of tones in 5 percent increments instead of my badly done 10.
- Filename: progressindicator.WEPM
- Date: 5/11/2016 2:27:56 PM
- Size: 185.8KB
- Total Downloads: 102027
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
very useful app, and quite flexible in that you can choose to hear tones or speech detailing the progress of some operation.
Well, very nice script, but I have to complain about the sound changes made in 1.5. They're maybe better audible thanks to the non sine flavor, but the tones at higher frequencies are very distorted - sounding very unpleasant... Any halfway solution?
A very nice script. If not readily clear, the hotkey that can be changed in the scripts' help and options is the hotkey to toggle a given widnow from having its progress bars read.
Excellent script. Very informative.
On 6/25/2008, Push
I love it! It doesn't even get flaky when I alt tab away from the window with the progress and when I go back to that window it just picks up the bars and reads them. I was afraid it would read randomly but it really is great. One question, is there a hotkey to quickly toggle on and off reading of bars?
Terrific script to indicate the progress of downloads on screen. One of my favorites.
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST