Ai Squared App Central - Voice Rotor 1.5.8 by Ai Squared
Voice Rotor 1.5.8
by Ai Squared
This script allows you to configure a list of frequently-used synthesizers and SAPI engines. Use Control-Windows-F2 to open the configuration dialog, and add synthesizers as you like. When finished, press the Apply button to apply your changes without saving them to disk, or Save to both apply and write your configuration to disk. You can then use Windows-F2 to move forward in the rotor, Shift-Windows-F2 to move backward, Control-Shift-Windows-F2 to toggle to the previously-used voice, and Alt-Windows-F2 to open the script help. From the script help, you can learn how to use the rotor and change all of the script's hotkeys. Note that you must have the GW Toolkit loaded into memory for the voice rotor to function properly.
Supported Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Czech
Minimum Version: Window-Eyes 7.0
Release Date: 5/11/2016
Last Update: 5/11/2016
11/4/2015 2:47:04 PM
8/11/2015 3:21:57 PM
1/13/2015 9:27:02 AM
- Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
2/9/2015 4:53:30 PM
Updated copyright and ownership to Ai Squared.
4/1/2014 2:09:09 PM
- Added support for eSpeak, Microsoft Speech Platform, and Vocalizer Expressive voices.
9/13/2013 9:07:11 AM
- Added support for the Vocalizer synthesizer. Note Window-Eyes 8.0 or newer is required to use Vocalizer.
7/19/2012 2:34:37 PM
10/18/2011 8:09:45 AM
- Updated the Polish translation.
- If the GWToolkit 8.4.1 or newer is present, the user can now email GW Micro directly with questions about the app.
8/17/2011 1:19:22 PM
- The user is no longer prompted to accept the license upon initial and upgrade installations.
6/29/2011 12:14:25 PM
4/1/2011 12:21:01 PM
- Updated ownership and license information. No other functional changes.
2/1/2010 4:44:12 PM
- Added a Swedish translation provided by Tomas Mårdsjö.
10/2/2009 4:45:35 PM
- Fixed a problem where voices would not be correctly added to the rotation in Window-Eyes 7.11.
- Fixed a problem where the "Add" button was disabled when the rotor configuration window was first opened.
6/9/2009 9:21:13 PM
- Added a Voice Rotor menu to the Window-Eyes control panel.
- This, and future versions of the script, will require Window-Eyes 7.1 or higher.
5/6/2009 2:26:18 PM
- Added a Norwegian translation provided by Dagfinn Juliussen.
- Corrected a minor bug introduced in 1.08.
5/4/2009 3:44:50 PM
- The script will now accurately switch to the correct version of a synthesizer that has identical SAPI 4 and SAPI 5 names. Previously, it would always switch to whichever version that was found first.
- The currently active voice is now selected in the list of available voices when the Voice Rotor configuration dialog opens.
12/13/2008 12:54:57 PM
- Added a Turkish translation provided by Ahmet YILDIRIM.
12/3/2008 10:44:02 AM
New in 1.06
- Thanks to error reporting, the crash that occured when loading user settings which contained an empty voice rotation has been fixed.
New in 1.05
- Added a Polish translation provided by Jakub Åukaszewicz
- Divided the buttons displayed in the rotor configuration dialog into two groups to be more aesthetically pleasing.
- A copy of VoiceRotor.ini is now included in all error reports to help debug remaining blowups.
New in 1.04
- The rotor toggle keystroke works as expected once again.
New in 1.03
- More bullet-proofing.
New in 1.02
- Corrected an error that could occur when updating the rotor's position.
New in 1.01
- Corrected a potential error reporting issue.
New in 1.0
- Corrected a potential logic error in the check for update routine.
New in 0.997
- The rotor's position will now be updated if the voice changes via another script or by the Select Synthesizer dialog.
New in 0.996
- Buttons to move a voice up and down in the rotation were added to the rotor configuration dialog.
- All script text has been moved to the XML strings to ease localization.
- The shared objects logic was rewritten to conform to GW Micro's recommended standards.
- Other miscelaneous bug fixes.
New in 0.992
- Bullet-proofed the script to prevent a possible crash at startup.
New in 0.991
- If the active synthesizer is in the rotation, the rotor's position will now be set to the voice when the script is started and when the rotation is updated.
New in 0.99
- The script now uses the new GW Toolkit namespace and error reporting feature.
- The accompanying XML has been updated to use the new language spec found in Window-Eyes 7.0 Beta 2.
- A checkbox to automatically save individual voice settings has been added to the voice configuration dialog. The option is disabled by default.
New in 0.98
- Switching to synthesizer engines is considerably quicker.
New in 0.97
- The script now allows the user to add individual ECI Eloquence and IBM ViaVoice engines to the voice rotation.
New in 0.96
- Repaired a regression introduced in 0.94 that left all hotkey descriptions blank.
New in 0.95
- You can now save an empty list, and the rotor won't blow up if you then try to move forward or backward.
New in 0.94
- Bullet-proofed the script to announce if a voice can't be found.
- The "Apply" and "Save" buttons are now always enabled in the rotor configuration dialog.
- The available voice list is only initialized the first time the rotor configuration opens which solves startup issues reported with SAPI Eloquence.
Note that problems still exist if voices that alphabetically follow SAPI Eloquence are added to the rotation. ECI Eloquence can be added with no side effects.
- Corrected some string spacing anomalies.
New in 0.93
- Updated the script to work with the latest Window-Eyes beta.
- GW Toolkit 3.4 is now required.
New in 0.92
- Updated the script to work with the new version of Window-Eyes.
- The GW Toolkit 3.3 is required.
New in 0.91:
- The script is now compatible with the latest GW Toolkit 3.1.
- User settings from this point forward will be preserved in subsequent upgrades.
- Note: Remove your VoiceRotor.ini file before installing the upgrade, or your hotkeys may not work.
New in 0.9:
- The GW Toolkit 2.3 or higher is required for the script to run.
- Automatic update checks can be enabled or disabled within the script help. Update checking is disabled by default.
- All spoken prompts are found in the script's accompanying XML file. Non-English speakers can now translate the script messages to their native languages.
- If the user tries to cycle to a voice before any voices have been added to the rotor, the configuration dialog opens.
New in 0.81:
- * Fixed another possible timing issue. Thanks to Rick and Vic for spotting.
New in 0.8:
- * The script now requires the GW Toolkit 1.7 or higher to run.
- * Increased the check for updates delay to 30 seconds. GW Toolkit shared object errors should now be resolved.
- Filename: VoiceRotor.wepm
- Date: 5/11/2016 2:52:54 PM
- Size: 35.8KB
- Total Downloads: 76000
DISCLAIMER: Ai Squared DOES NOT ASSUME AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT OF THIS, OR ANY EXTERNAL, APP, THE OPERATION OR CONTENT (INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO DISPLAY SUCH INFORMATION) OF ANY APP, NOR FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION, INTERPRETATION, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY APP. ANY COMMENTS OR INQUIRIES REGARDING THIS APP ARE TO BE DIRECTED TO THE PARTICULAR PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR AUTHORING AND PROVIDING THE APP.
This is a great script for me to rotor forward and/or backward by synthesizer voice easily.
I love it!!!
Thanks for this script. Very helpful. When using SAPI 5 I've not encountered problems. I accidentally chose a SAPI 4 voice from Acapela (Heather). This did not work: another Acapela voice was used when pressing Windows-F2. Heather SAPI 4 was listed correctly in the "used voices list".
One should remember that this script can change synthesiser, language and language voice with one key stroke. In any other screen reader, it takes at least four key strokes to do all three.
Absolutely brilliant! How did I ever cope without it?
This is a superb script and provides me with an opportunity to review it to learn how to construct my own voice-related scripts
It's really a great script.
This is a fantastic script. Steve did a great job with it!
App Central Search
App Central Links
© 2018 Ai Squared - All Rights Reserved.
130 Taconic Business Park Rd, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: 802-362-3612 • Fax: 802-362-1670
Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, EDST